5 Ways to Take Care of the Elderly with Urinary Incontinence
Incontinence is a urinary health issue, which involves unintentional leakage of feces and urine by the patient. It is a common problem, and can plague men and women of any age group; however it is more prevalent in people who are elderly, disabled, or who are dealing with chronic health issues.
Urinary continence is a serious ailment that disturbs millions of lives all over the world, since it restricts the movement of the individual. It causes sleep issues, skin irritations and even poses a danger of slip and fall accidents if the individual is rushing to the bathroom.
Even though incontinence is a challenging health condition, there are many guidelines and strategies available from reputable sources, that make the task easy for the caretakers. In this article, we will discuss useful tips on toilet and hygiene care and the use of adult diapers, to help people taking care of their elders with urinary issues.
Effective Tips for Elders with Urinary Incontinence: Take Care of Your Loved-Ones with Love
Undoubtedly, taking care of an ailing elder is an intimidating task, and a urinary incontinence problem adds to the anxiety and stress. It is normal for the caretakers to feel irritated, saddened and overwhelmed about managing everything and ensuring things go smoothly. However, it is important to understand that incontinence is easy to cope with, using effective tips and guidelines. Read on to find out what these general suggestions are:
#1: Wellbeing Tips for Seniors: Keep it Safe
If the elderly person rushes to the lavatory, he or she may slip and fall; therefore, it is imperative that you make appropriate changes in the house for easier restroom trips. Here are a few tips:
- Make sure that you provide aids such as a wall-mounted bar or a raised toilet to the elderly, especially if they are severely unwell or are unable to stand steady for a long time.
- You might need to remove floor mats to avoid any risk of fall.
- You need to check if the seat is securely fastened to the toilet or not.
- You should not be in a hurry while they are in the restroom. You don’t want them to get panicked.
#2: Toileting Tips for Seniors: Keep it Easy
In order to make things simple for yourself, follow these tips:
- Note down the person’s toilet patterns and make sure that they follow the same routine every day. Keep a memo on the frequency of the person’s urination and defecation, to make it easier for the physician to evaluate the severity of the issue.
- Adult diapers work to manage incontinence of your elders in comfort. Stoe adult diapers wholesale are super simple to use by oneself. These diapers are light and comfortable to wear and provide snug fitting, thus preventing seepage. They help you to stay active, be more outgoing and confident.
- In addition, you can consider keeping a bedside commode if the person is unable to reach the toilet in time. Make certain to respect the person’s privacy, whenever possible. Otherwise ensure you create a relaxed ambience.
” Stoe Adult Diapers are especially suitable for Senior Citizens suffering from incontinence and elderly patients with urinary problems. “
#3: Hygiene Tips for Seniors: Keep it Clean
As a caretaker, it is your responsibility to enforce hygiene practices to keep the environment safe and healthy. Make sure that you follow these simple rules:
- Always wear disposable gloves when you are taking care of the seniors while they are cleaning up.
- Use warm soapy water to clean the area after use. Pat dry the skin with a clean towel, and apply the skin lotion to avoid irritation.
- Don’t forget to clean your hands thoroughly even if you have used disposable gloves.
- Never flush adult diapers and gloves down the toilet. Always dispose of them properly.
#4: Using Adult Diapers for Seniors: Keep it Dry
More often, doctors advise elders dealing with urinary issues to use adult diapers. Here are a few of their benefits:
- Buy Adult diapers Delhi are available in a variation of sizes to fit the bulkier and lighter people alike. They usually come with adjustable side straps to make them easier to wear.
- The straps can be fastened repeatedly without making the diapers useless. It also makes it hassle-free for the caretaker to remove or check the diapers at several intervals.
- You will find many brands of adult diapers on the market, but not all of them live up to the expectations of users. Our Stoe Adult Diapers have helped many achieve relief with urinary problems. They are very absorbent, and a dependable garment available in various sizes such as medium, large and extra large, XL. You can also find unisex diapers that are available with same convenience.
- Regardless of their shape and size, these adult diapers effectively prevent leakages.
- Wearing diapers give comfort and confidence to the wearer, and they become more capable of handling their urinary issues with ease. These diapers are easily available online and offline in stores.
#5: Relaxing Tips for Caretakers: Keep Calm
Losing control of the urinary bladder can be embarrassing. The seniors you are taking care of are usually worried and uncomfortable regarding their health condition. Therefore, it is important that you remain calm and patient at all times. Here is what you can do:
- Talk frequently with them to discuss their health condition, and help to make it easier and acceptable for them. In addition, acknowledge your own anxiety and awkwardness. Bring a touch of humor to your discussions to lighten up the ambience.
- In spite of working carefully, accidents do happen sometimes so be tranquil as much as possible.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to look after yourself and your life. Don’t let your social life suffer at this expense. Plan frequent breaks by employing another caretaker while you take time to rejuvenate yourself.
Remember, Urinary Incontinence is Manageable
If you think urinary incontinence is keeping your loved ones at home and away from nature, be delighted in the fact that it can be easily managed by following appropriate tricks and tips. Additionally, the right choice of suitable adult diapers xl, such as our comfortable Stoe adult diapers will make it easier for the seniors and caretakers to cope with the situation. In no time, your loved ones will get back to their evening walks.